Should I be worried?

Person Image

Hello, I am a 43 year old gay man.

I've had the same sexual partner for about 15 years now but I have suddenly developed what looks like cystitis. I'm a bit worried as I've tried to cure it at home with medication (ibuprofen) and loads of water for 4 days now but it is still very painful to pass urin and I do not know what to do. Has anyone had the same or a similar problem? Should I be prescribed something stronger at this point? It is disrupting my everyday life and I've recently been under stress but can this be really the cause of it?


Person Image

We recommend that you get a sexaul health check. If there is a bacterial infection then ibuprofen is not going to do the trick. Go to for a postal sexaul health check. They can do a urine chemistry as well as a general sexual health check. If there is something in your urine that should not be there then it will be detected and antibiotics can be prescribed.

Page 1 of 1 - First < Prev Next > Last