Skin Allergy

Person Image

I think I have a skin allergy because my hands get dry and cracked. However, I do not know the underlying cause so do you think you can still prescribe something for me? I want to solve this ASAP. I tried avoiding chalk (I use it for work) but that doesn't work either and doesn't completely heal my hands. What do I need? thanks

Person Image

If you complete a consultation then we can help you. We cannot give specific medical advice through the forum. We can give general advice here but in your case you need to register and we will ask for a photo of the affected area. Please create a Skin and Nail consultation.

Person Image

An allergic reaction might also result in hand eczema. Wearing latex gloves might cause hand eczema in some healthcare professionals. If you experienced atopic dermatitis, generally known as eczema, as a child, you run a higher risk of getting hand eczema. Finding the cause of hand eczema can be challenging because there are so many potential causes.

Person Image
Post is awaiting moderation
Person Image
Post is awaiting moderation
Person Image

An allergy, such as nickel or a chemical in soap, lotion, or sunscreen, comes into contact with your skin. Atopic dermatitis can also be brought on by airborne particles like pollen. This may be referred to by your doctor as "airborne contact dermatitis." In some circumstances, you won't experience a reaction until after being in the sun.

Page 1 of 1 - First < Prev Next > Last